9.13.2007

yummy goodies

some yummy goodies i've had in the past days...

below, Sapin-Sapin from Aling Kika's authentically from Cainta, Rizal. Very well-known in the area when it comes to native delicacies. My mom asked a helper to buy this for my nephew's school assignment --which is to bring any filipino food for sharing with his classmates because it was Linggo ng Wika. I am not really fond of kakanins because I find it too heavy for my tummy, a small slice is more than enough for me. This Sapin-Sapin is okey, not too sweet and a thin strip of langka gives a different flavor. But I'd still prefer palitaw or maja blanca over sapin-sapin.

Napansin niyo ba? The box says Special Bibingka, pero Sapin-Sapin ang laman....what kind of Bibingka kaya do they have? Hmmmm....maybe next time I'll get that one...





A couple of weekends ago, I experimented again and volunteered to cook our dinner. Based again on Yummy Magazine, I made a version of Coco Pollo or Ginataang Manok (photos above). Ingredients were coconut milk, chicken, garlic, onion, kangkong and chicken stock. I sauteed the garlic, onion and chicken, followed by the coconut milk and chicken stock, after simmering, I added the kangkong leaves. I think I used a lot of coconut milk and chicken stock causing a soupy viand, it should be creamy. Sa katamaran ko, I only eyeballed the liquid ingredients, feeling ko ang galing ko na hehehe....I will try again and will follow the exact measurements. The taste was okay according to my guinea pigs (my family) or maybe they just said that kasi wala na silang choice but to eat what I cooked. Wala na kasing ibang ulam hahaha...


I've had a homemade pizza courtesy of my sister, i don't know what kind of pizza she made, but it has pepperoni, black olives, mushroom, onion and cheese (dont know what kind too). the dough was chewy, I prefer it to be crispy. Though the flavor of the pizza sauce is good. She is experimenting with pizzas and calzones lately, so I hope to eat some more hehehe...

cge, kakain muna ako ng flat tops nagutom ako sa post ko hahaha!

No comments: