Last February 15, we were on our way to shoot a pre-nuptial pictorial at the La Mesa Ecopark in Fairview, Quezon City. As we were approaching the Tandang Sora flyover, traffic got slow and eventually traffic halts. Thinking that there might be a vehicle with a flat tire, we decided to use the service road since traffic is moving although at a snail's pace. We were surprised when we passed by an accident involving a bus and a gas tanker (tama ba yung term? basta yung truck who transports gasoline), and from the looks of it, ugly things are bound to happen. I guess we were there just seconds after the accident. I hurriedly took some photos, i didn't had time to adjust the camera settings, I just want to take shots. The shots were taken from the van while moving, my dad didn't want me to go down since we do not have any press ID, he was sure the cops will prevent me from taking photos. There is a certain adrenaline rush when you take photos like this, excitement, fear, sadness all at the same time. Later on the news, I heard that a kid lost his leg as a result of this accident, it made me sad to hear that. I guess I can never be a photojournalist : (



No comments:
Post a Comment